YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CAMP and TRAINING DEVELOPMENT......
The 2012-2013 season is upon us and for all those budding triathletes and existing Tri youth get ready for some great training and development from Cam this season. Please contact Cam Durno if you are keen to join our Youth Development Training group.
Don't forget to check out our Tri Sports Taupo Facebook page!!!!!!!
LATEST UPDATE FROM CAM....... Feb 7th 2012
Well done to those that competed at Kinloch there were some great results! Just a couple of things from me…
1. Tomorrow will be a running session at 4pm from the Taupo Harrier Hut. Next week will be cycling at the same time same place. This running session will be skill and speed based so at an easier level than Friday morning.
2. Friday morning running goes back to 7.15am from the Harrier Hut. I would encourage you to be a member of this club and utilise the facilities there after the run, or the AC Baths. This session is more endurance based with a strength component so athletes need to be able to run 5km at sub 5min/km pace.
3. Wednesday night is the 5km run at the Main st Domain. If you raced on Sunday I would not recommend this run and come to my 4pm instead (this should be all tri squad members coming to my session as we all raced on Sunday).
4. I have included a link below for parents who have kids competing at Triathlon, it is a great page with lots of resources for you.
5. Good luck to those going to Nelson for the National Aquathon Champs.
Latest News -Youth Development 2011/2012
The Youth Development Camp News....... A successful camp was held here in Taupo based at the AC Baths.The camp involved approx 20 athletes and covered swimming, running and cycling sessions over the two days. Brett Reid from Tri NZ took some sessions on goal setting and he shared his knowledge and gave the kids some great leadership insights.After two days of training the camp finished with a wind down BBQ and swim. Well done Cam!
Give Cameron a call on 0272468958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have. Cam will be at our events asking questions and providing helpful advice.
The Tri-Sport Taupo Youth Development squad is a dedicated group of intermediate to secondary school aged youths who are provided with opportunities to experience and excell in the sport of Triathlon. The group trains on a regular basis and under the guidance of Tri NZ Qualified coaches helping them reach their goals in the sport of triathlon.